At Pilgrim Medical Center, we offer general gyn services and specialize in minor gynecological surgery. We are capable of performing any minor surgical procedure that does not require an overnight stay at a hospital.
Some of the gyn services and minor surgeries we perform include but are not limited to:
- Annual Exam – A yearly check up that includes a breast exam, an interior and exterior vaginal exam and a PAP smear.
- Pregnancy Testing – Both urine and blood tests are available to all women to determine if they are pregnant.
- Birth Control Counseling – We offer prescriptions for birth control pills, Depo Provera injections as well as IUDs for women who choose this method the same day of the appointment.
- STD Testing & Treatment – Such testing may include screening for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, HIV, and Syphilis. It is important to know that such testing is not necessarily performed during an annual exam or PAP smear and should be requested.
- Colposcopy – A procedure to examine your cervix, vagina and vulva for signs of disease. During a colposcopy, your doctor uses a special instrument called a colposcope. This procedure may be recommended if your pap test result is abnormal.
- Cryosurgery – This procedure, also called cryotherapy, is the use of extreme cold in surgery to destroy abnormal or diseased tissue in the cervix.
- Laser and LEEP Procedures – This stands for Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure and is a treatment that prevents cervical cancer. A small electrical wire loop is used to remove abnormal cells from your cervix. LEEP surgery may be performed after abnormal cells are found during a Pap test, colposcopy or biopsy.
- Diagnostic D&C – This is a surgical procedure that consists in taking endometrial and endocervical material to diagnose a possible condition.
- Cauterization of vulvar & vaginal warts – This procedure removes genital warts by burning them with a low-voltage electrified probe. A numbing medicine is used for pain control.
- Cold Knife Cone Biopsy – This biopsy is used as a diagnostic tool and treatment for cervical precancer and cancer.
- Treatment of Bartlyn Abcess – This condition can occur when one of the Bartholin’s glands, located on either side of the vaginal opening, becomes infected.
- Tubal Ligation Counseling – also known as “Getting Your Tubes Tied” is one of the most common forms of birth control.
(up to 10 weeks)Learn More
D&C Early Abortion
(up to 13 weeks)Learn More
(up to 15 weeks)Learn More
(16 to 24.6 weeks)Learn More
Our Patients Say
“The Doctor made me feel very at ease. I trusted that he knew what he was doing and he seemed to care about me.“
- Patient -Read More
Pilgrim Medical Center, Inc.
393 Bloomfield Ave., Montclair, NJ 07042